Chakras are energy centers permeating from a point on the physical body. They are the focal points for the reception and transmission of energies. There are seven major chakras or energy centers yet there are more than 200 all together on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level of the body. Whenever you are feeling sick or not 'at ease', be it emotionally or physically, it can be an indicator that one or more of your chakras are not in balance. Most all root causes for 'dis-ease' can be traced back to emotional, mental or spiritual problems that over time can negatively affect the physical body.
Your Chakras are Changing
As part of the energetic shifts and changes we as a people on this planet are going through collectively, our energy centers (chakras) are also in a state of change. Over the years of working on myself and clients I have noticed that the chakras do not always 'behave' as commonly known. As a psychic medium I am able to see and sense what energy and chakras look like and how they 'behave'. As we are moving into higher vibrations our energetic eco systems are also evolving. We are making more connections and many more chakras that have lied dormant for a long time are now being activated again. That means we are starting to use more chakras that that were previously not available to us and many of them aren't even within our physical bodies but within our aura. Biologically or physically this can be witnessed through our bodies becoming more sensitive and us using more of our brain's capacity. That is why I have provided my own interpretations and affirmations. I have listed 2 more very important chakras that most people aren't aware of that are actually vital for our well being and being grounded and centered in who we are. When I work on myself I open and cleanse 30 chakras. Take what feels right to you and discard whatever doesn't. Get familiar with your own energy and how it wants to be expressed! Maybe you have been noticing that there are "new" energy centers that have "announced" themselves to you.
Note: Affirmations are best said aloud. When you hear your own voice it lends the affirmation more power/energy. Try saying it in front of a mirror! One thing you have to understand when working with affirmations is that they are not particularly effective in changing your thoughts, however they are a great tool in pin pointing imbalances. When you have a negative response to some of them, you know that there is something that needs your attention.
1. The Earth Chakra
The earth chakra is an energy center that grounds or connects us to mother earth and our current physical experience of self. It anchors our energy and aids us in expressing our spiritual, emotional and mental aspects of ourselves in a physical, tangible way through helping us feel present in our daily 'human' lives. This chakra reminds us that although we are spiritual beings the only way we can learn and grow is through the physical experiences we have here on earth. There is a reason why we came here and the deep connection to mother earth will help you embody that. When I connect with this chakra I usually see the color black.
- Do you have a hard time expressing your ideas and giving form to spiritual concepts?
- Do you tend to float in the ethers and forget that you still need to live a 'human' life?
- Do your friends or family have a hard time relating to you and understanding your thought processes/ ideas?
- Do you feel like you do not belong?
- Do you tend to get dizzy or sway a lot?
- Do you experience spaciness and absentmindedness often?
- I love this place.
- Mother Earth nourishes me; my body, my mind and my spirit.
- I recognize that I too am a part of her beauty, magic and creativity.
- I honor my cycles.
- I belong.
- I am balanced in my spiritual and physical self.
2. The Foot Chakras
These chakras are usually expressed in the color brown. Your feet are a part of your foundation (just as the root chakra and earth chakra) and when working properly will help you stand your ground, claim your space and move forward on your path in life with confidence and a sense of joy. People can tend to 'tire' out their feet if they walk into the same directions in life over and over again because they are unable or afraid to make changes. New experiences and new directions in life will 'inspire' these chakras and help reignite the spark for life here on earth.
- Do you feel like you have lost your ‘footing’ in the world?
- Do you have a hard time setting boundaries?
- Is it hard for you to claim your space?
- Do you worry about moving in the wrong direction and making wrong choices?
- Do you think you do not deserve success or that you have to do without?
- Do you often ignore the need to go outside to catch fresh air or go for a walk?
- Do you trip over yourself or stub your toes often?
- Bad circulation or water retention in the feet and legs can be an indication that your foot chakras aren't working properly.
- I claim my space.
- I set healthy boundaries.
- I attract everything I need to support myself in my new space.
- I feel good in my space.
- I feel grounded in knowing who I am and what I want.
3. The Root Chakra or Base Chakra
This chakra is located in the area of the base of the spine in the area of the lumbar. It is linked to the kidneys, the suprarenal glands and the spinal column. It is the center of vitality, physical energy, instinct, sexuality, lust, stability, security and self-preservation. It activates and strengthens the will and stimulates life-sustaining energies. It is said to be the location of the resting Kundalini.
- Have trouble finding or making a comfortable, secure home for yourself?
- Does your income barely cover your living expenses, or is your job stressful and unfulfilling?
- Are you constantly worried about providing for your family or do you harbor any fears regarding your basic ‘survival’ needs?
- Are you hesitant to accept the sacred feminine energy within you?
- Do you have issues being a mother or in the relationship to your own mother?
- Are you struggling with body or weight issues?
- Do you feel like you have a difficult time manifesting what you want?
- I am able to tackle all that life throws at me today.
- My body is a temple and I forgive myself for neglecting it in the past.
- Every cell within my body is filled with strength and vitality.
- I am safe; the universe supports me.
- I hold the key to financial success and abundance.
- I am never alone.
- Life loves me and I love being here.
- I am wanted, I am chosen and I am welcome here.
4. The Sacral Chakra
The sacral chakra is located below the navel (the area of the sacrum- hence the name). It corresponds to the color orange. It is the center which vitalizes the digestive system, reproductive organs, sexual activity and the gonads where sexual hormones are produced. It is the center of desire, emotion, creativity, sexuality, pleasure and intuition. It furthermore vitalizes the entire body and is responsible for receipt and assimilation of life-giving energies. Therefore the second chakra has been known as the pathway to health.
- Do you feel guilty when you treat yourself?
- Are you afraid to cry?
- Do you think sex is bad or dirty, or do you feel objectified? (Sexual abuse become trapped in this chakra, however sexual abuse has a tendency to affect many others as well.)
- Do you repress your tears, because you don’t want to appear weak?
- Do you find it hard to enjoy spending time alone?
- I let my creativity shine.
- I accept all of my unique facets.
- I embrace the sacred feminine within me because I know I am safe to do so.
- Sex is spiritual and sacred.
- I express and honor my feelings.
- I no longer doubt myself and others.
- I am noticed and appreciated by the ones I love.
5. The Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is located at the solar plexus area, below the breastbone and behind the stomach. The corresponding color is yellow. It is linked to the stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, adrenal glands and the sympathetic nervous system. It is the center of personal power, ambition, intellect, touch and desire. It contains a protective energy, protecting against any negativity contained within any of the other chakras.
- Do you often feel powerless to change your circumstances?
- Do you have a tendency to give your power to others and put yourself second?
- Is it hard for you to set boundaries for people and to say no?
- Are you afraid of power because you have seen a lot of people misusing their power, and you don’t want to be like them?
- Do you often second guess yourself?
- I am strong and powerful in a loving manner.
- I am able to set boundaries and stand my ground firmly when needed.
- I have high self esteem.
- I get things done.
- I attract the help that I need.
- I can do it, I have the strength.
- I use my drive and passion to improve my life as well as others’.
6. The Heart Chakra
I believe that the heart chakra is the center of our entire being (our core essence) and that many imbalances or blockages we hold in other chakras originate in this very energy center. So through healing and releasing issues we hold here, the healing automatically filters down into the other chakras. The Heart Center is the connection/bridge between the physical (the 3 lower chakras) and the spiritual (the 3 upper chakras). The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest, at the level of the heart. It is associated with the colors green or pink. It is linked to the thymus, heart, circulatory system, blood and the cellular structure. The thymus is the site of maturation of the T-cells responsible for fending off disease and may be adversely affected by stress and anxiety. It is the center of compassion, love, tenderness, devotion, group consciousness and spirituality associated with “oneness”.
- Have trouble relating to other people and forming lasting relationships?
- Do you find yourself being overly-critical or judgmental of others and yourself at times?
- Do you distance yourself emotionally from others for fear of being hurt?
- Do you not feel worthy of love?
- Are you afraid of commitment?
- Do you have a hard time expressing forgiveness?
- Is it hard for you to look in the mirror and express self-appreciation?
- I completely accept and love myself.
- I forgive myself and others who have caused me pain.
- I am free of the past.
- I forgive myself.
- I am safe to feel.
- I am love. I am loved. I am worthy of love.
- I allow others to love me for who I am and I also open my heart to love others.
- I let go of the illusions of fear, anger, worry and guilt.
- I let my inner child run free and see all the miracles and wonders that are already present in my life.
- I release and surrender.
7. The Throat Chakra
This chakra is located at the center of the neck above the collar bone. It is characterized by the color light/pale blue. It is linked to the thyroid gland, throat and jaw areas, lungs, vocal cords, thymus and the breath. It is the center of communication, sound and creative growth through expression.
- Do you have a hard time saying what you think and feel?
- Do you tend to talk too much?
- Do you find yourself constantly in debates and conflicts?
- Do you tend to say what you think others want to hear?
- Do you feel like other people don’t hear you?
- Do you have a hard time expressing ideas clearly?
- Do you grind your teeth at night?
- I have a voice. I claim my voice.
- My opinion matters.
- I can speak my truth in a loving manner.
- I express my feelings and let myself be heard.
- I am always saying the right thing at the right time.
- Everything I do is a creative expression of love.
8. The Third Eye Chakra or Brow Chakra
The third-eye chakra is located in between and about one finger-width above the eyebrows. It corresponds to the color indigo or deep blue. The 6th chakra is linked to the cerebellum, nose, central nervous system and pituitary gland. It is the center of psychic power, higher intuition and the energies of the spirit. It is also the center for outside intuitive guidance. This chakra really governs the way you see yourself and the world around you and it may be weakened by ones feelings of insecurity, doubt and fear.
- Do you have a hard time seeing your life any differently that it currently is?
- Do you have a hard time feeling like you get any spiritual answers and guidance, it all seems muddled to you?
- Do you frequently experience headaches?
- I can clearly see, hear, know and feel divine guidance.
- It is safe for me to see in this lifetime.
- I see what I create.
- I am clear.
- I have a healthy mind.
- I release all fear and focus on love and that is what I will see.
- I am connected to my own inner vision.
- I am free of family beliefs that limit my truth.
- I am open to new ideas and spiritual concepts.
9. The Crown Chakra
This chakra is located at the crown of the head and it is linked to the cerebellum and the pineal gland. It is generally considered to be the center of pure consciousness, enlightenment and spirituality. It allows one to see the truth concerning illusory ideals, materialistic pursuits, self-limiting concepts, pride and vanity. It furthermore allows one to experience continuous self-awareness and conscious detachment from personal emotions. The colors that represent the 7th chakra are purple and a shimmering golden-white (representing the state of perfection in body, mind, emotions and spirituality).
- Do you feel like the heavens are closed to you?
- Do you feel unworthy of spiritual help and feel angry that a higher power has abandoned you?
- Do you have a hard time feeling like you receive inspiration?
- Do you feel like you are on your own, and that your prayers and meditations are not acknowledged by a higher power?
- The source of love is within me and I am open to the goodness an abundance of the universe.
- I know I can trust it.
- All is well and happening exactly the way it is supposed to.
- Love surrounds me, protects and nourishes me.
- I am connected to my Higher Self.
- I am important to god/the universe.
- I am experiencing god/the universe is there for me.
- I deserve heavens help.
- I am perfect just as I am; right here and right now.